Compiled by Intangible Business, the report titled 'The Power 100- The World's Most Powerful Spirits and Wine Brands 2008' has evaluated over 10,000 brands across the world.
The brand numbering is based on the assessment of both the financial contribution of each brand alongside their strength in the eyes of the consumer.
Smirnoff has been adjudged as the top brand overall followed by Johnny Walker.
Intangible Business is the world's leading independent brand valuation consultancy, specialising in the valuation and development of brands. It has valued and advised some of the world's biggest brands from a management, legal and financial point of view.
The study uses a robust methodology which takes into account the consumer's perception of brand strength and its financial performance. A panel of leading international drinks experts score each brand on a variety of measures and these scores are combined with hard volume data to create a league table of the most powerful international drinks brands in the world.
Here are the wine brands that find a spot in the Top 100 spirits and wine brands:
1. Gallo Gallo USA (18)
2. Hardy's Constellation Australia (19)
3. Concha Y Toro Concha Y Toro Chile (21)
4. Robert Mondavi Constellation USA (36)
5. Yellow Tail Casella Wines Australia (38)
6. Beringer Fosters USA (44)
7. Jacobs Creek Pernod Ricard Australia (47)
8. Sutter Home Trinchero Family Est. USA (52)
9. Lindemans Foster Australia (60)
10. Blossom Hills Diageo USA (63)
11. Wolf Blass Fosters Australia (75)
12. Kendall-Jackson Kendall-Jackson USA (82)
13. Banrock Station Hardy Wine Co. USA (83)
14. Penfolds Fosters Australia (84)
15. Inglenook Robert Mondavi USA (86)
16. Torres Torres Spain (88)
17. Kumala Vincor Int. South Africa (98)
Chile, Spain and South Africa seem to be the party spoilers for the USA and Australia who have virtual brand monotony.
France may not enjoy the brand popularity in the still wine section but has a near monopoly in the sparkling wine sector with only Freixenet (49) and Martini (100) give some competition to Champagne brands.
Moet Chandon is the obvious king (14). Other brands enjoying a spot in the Top 100 Spirits and Wine Brands are Veuve Clicquot (26) also owned by LVMH. Other brands at the fag end of the ceremonial parade are Laurent Perrier (73), Piper Heidsieck (74), Mumm (76), Dom Perignon (79), Taittinger (91) and Nicolas Feuillatte (99).