- Wine marketers deem SMM to be a time consuming marketing tool
- Lack of knowledge of the marketing options available
- Rigid internet sites are the marketer's only presence on the internet. Marketers are not willing to move beyond this strategy/marketing tool
- Marketers live in fear that an uneducated consumer will bad mouth their brand
- Marketers are waiting for other brands to lead the way. Will follow eventually (to late)
- Marketers not have the personnel or knowledge to effectively manage and implement SMM strategies
Wine marketers must accept the challenge and must use specialists(like Bivio Consulting) to promote their brand through SMM.